Searching Documents Online
Official Public Records
The Recorder of Deeds Department is your public library of publicly-recorded documents. Instead of books our electronic and microfilm inventories consist of approximately 10 million documents dating back to the beginning of Jackson County in 1826.
Submitted to us from numerous sources including title companies, lending institutions, law firms, government agencies and the general public, over 90% deal with land related transactions such as real estate deeds, mortgages (called Deeds of Trust in Missouri), assignments, releases and liens. The remaining 10% of recorded documents involve over 90 other types of transactions such as affidavits, agreements, judgments, power of attorney and wills.
You can search our online inventory consisting of recorded documents dating back to the early 1960’s and plats dating back to 1826. All online documents are available, free of charge for viewing and printing. Non-digitized documents are available by conducting a microfilm search at either of our recording offices. We hope you find this expanded online search capability easy and convenient to use.
The online search site requires a cookie enabled browser. Cookies are used for session management and preference storage only. Netscape 4.7 or Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher are recommended.
Upon entering the search site you will have 3 choices:
- Select “Official Public Records” if looking for land related property records or other public related type documents.
- Select “Marriage Records” to search marriage applications/licenses.
- Select “Uniform Commercial Code” if you searching a security interest in personal property or fixtures located in Missouri prior to 2001.