1. How do I reschedule my appeal hearing time and date?
It is best to keep your original scheduled hearing time and date. If it is necessary to reschedule, please email your name, parcel number, date of original scheduled hearing to email@example.com. Rescheduled hearings will not be given a new hearing time or date until all hearings are completed.
2. I need to update my address or name on my real property account.
Call the Assessment Department at 816-881-3530 or email tpaASMT@jacksongov.org.
3. I need to talk to the Real Property Assessment Department. How do I reach them?
Make an appointment to speak with that department. The best way to make an appointment is to call 816-881-3530 or email tpaASMT@jacksongov.org
4. I have not received my assessment notice for 2023. Can I still file my appeal?
The deadline for appeals was July 31, 2023. Please contact the Real Property Assessment Department 816-881-3530 or email tpaASMT@jacksongov.org and request a print summary of property values.
5. After my appeal processed through BOE, do I have additional options to appeal the market value?
Yes, after your appeal is processed with the county’s BOE, you can file an appeal for with the State Tax Commission (STC) by going online to their website. They have their own appeal application and process. This is separate from the county. Commercial appeals will require a lawyer for representation.
6. If I don’t agree with Assessment’s stipulations, do I still have my BOE hearing?
Yes, only if you did not sign the stipulation sent. If you signed the stipulation given by assessment your BOE appeal has been cancelled and you are no longer able to file an appeal with the State Tax Commission (STC).
7. What do I need to do to withdraw my appeal?
If you wish to withdraw your appeal, it must be in writing from the homeowner. This can be done online by using the Withdraw Appeal Form, in-person, or by mail to 415 E 12th Street Suite 102/104 Kansas City, MO, 64106. If withdrawing an appeal by mail you will need to have the parcel number and the statement saying you wish to withdraw your 2023 appeal. This can be done at any time.