To manage a "public corporation acting in a governmental capacity."
- This is a three-member board of "trustees."
- The County Executive appoints one member.
- The board of directors of the largest school district (Independence School District) and the city council of the largest municipality (Independence, Missouri) each appoint one trustee.
- Each trustee must have been a Jackson County resident for five years prior to his/her appointment.
- No trustee must hold any other salaried or compensated public office by election or appointment during service as a trustee.
- Each trustee must have at least ten years of experience in the management or sale of real estate.