Food Assistance Program funds additional agencies
Published on April 06, 2021
Jackson County is awarding an additional $500,000 to local food distribution agencies through the Food Assistance Program. The county awarded $543,700 to agencies in October of 2020.
The program focuses on feeding the most vulnerable populations: seniors, children, the homeless and those who have lost jobs.
Food distribution organizations are on the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic and provide an invaluable service for the county’s community. The County wishes to support these organizations to ensure they can continue providing their critical services, including distributing produce and pantry staple items on a regular basis.
The program is funded using CARES Act funding and is an initiative of the Jackson County Legislature. Up to $30,000 is being offered to those eligible organizations who have been managing increased demand including increases in food distribution, costs incurred to bolster refrigeration/storage capacity, transportation cost and temporary equipment to comply with social distancing guidelines.
This round of funding will be split among 27 agencies:
- Bishop Sullivan Center - $23,000
- Blue Hills Church of the Nazarene food pantry - $23,000
- CAAGKC - $23,000
- Coldwater of Lee's Summit - $15,148
- Community Assistance Council - $23,000
- Covenant Presbyterian Church - $2,356
- Education 1st Athletics Second - $2,163
- Footprints, Inc./ Heroes Home Gate - $23,000
- Gathering Table SAWC - $17,100
- Hope Rocks Pantry - $23,000
- Independence Blvd Christian Church/ Micah Ministry - $23,000
- Kingsway Lighthouse Ministries - $20,000
- Macedonia Baptist Church/Mountaintop Pantry - $20,000
- Mattie Rhodes Center - $20,000
- Metropolitan Missionary Baptist Church - $23,000
- Morningstar's Dev. Company Inc. - $20,000
- Mount Sinai Missionary Baptist Church - $23,000
- Pro Deo Youth Center - $6,000
- Redemptorist - $23,000
- Sisters In Christ - $20,000
- Southside First Baptist Church - $23,000
- TAGS (Teach, Assist, Guide, Shower for Humanity) - $20,000
- Total Man Community Dev. Corp - $20,000
- True Faith Outreach Ministries Pantry - $8,100
- True Light Family Resource Center - $23,000