9-9:30 a.m.: Artist Check-in
9:30-11:30 a.m.: Quick Paint
11:30-11:45 a.m.: Turn-in
Noon: Judging/Purchase Award: $250 sponsored by Jackson County.
The fourth Quick Paint during Walktober features the second phase of the Rock Island Trail which is seven miles long and runs from Brickyard Road in Kansas City, through Raytown, to the Truman Sports Complex. The new trail segment includes three new trailheads and parking areas, the preservation and re-use of four former railroad bridges and five new trail-only bridges, including the new Wildwood Bridge, which at over 300 feet in length is one of the longest trail bridges in the region.
Must have six (6) participants to award prize; no fee to participate. Please pre-register by emailing your name and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Painting must be done outside ENTIRELY on location on Sunday, October 24 between the hours of 9:30-11:30 a.m.
2. All traditional mediums are accepted (oils, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, ink, graphite).
3. Artists may paint anywhere on Rock Island Trail (Phase Two). Subject matter can be anything within sight as long as the artist is within the boundaries.
4. Artists will immediately submit work for judging and a chance to win the $250 purchase award. Return the completed work upon conclusion of the Quick Paint at 11:30 a.m.
5. Purchase award will be chosen and prize awarded at Noon. Winning artwork becomes the property of the Quick Paint sponsor.
Truman Sports Complex Trailhead: Lot L, Accessible through Gate 3 off of Blue Ridge Cutoff