9-9:30 a.m.: Artist Check-in
9:30-11:30 a.m.: Quick Paint
11:30-11:45 a.m.: Turn-in
Noon: Judging/Purchase Award: $250 sponsored by the Riverfront Heritage Trail
Our second Quick Paint during Walktober features a segment of the Riverfront Heritage Trail that contains two memorials to historic and critical events, the route enslaved people escaping took to reach the Free State of Kansas and first tracks of a frontier railroad that would eventually place Kansas City in the center of commerce. The trail west has been named Freedom Trail because it was such a critical route for enslaved people trying to find safety in the Free State of Kansas.
Must have six (6) participants to award prize; no fee to participate. Please pre-register by emailing your name and contact information to email@example.com.
1. Painting must be done outside ENTIRELY on location on Sunday, October 10 between the hours of 9:30-11:30 a.m.
2. All traditional mediums are accepted (oils, watercolor, pastel, acrylic, ink, graphite).
3. Artists may paint anywhere on the Segment 5 of the Riverfront Heritage Trail. Subject matter can be anything within sight as long as the artist is within the boundaries.
4. Artists will immediately submit work for judging and a chance to win the $250 purchase award. Return the completed work upon conclusion of the Quick Paint at 11:30 a.m.
5. Purchase award will be chosen and prize awarded at Noon. Winning artwork becomes the property of the Quick Paint sponsor.
Riverfront Heritage Trail, 751 Madison, Kansas City View Map
751 Madison ,