Sports Complex Authority
To oversee the maintenance and operation of the Harry S. Truman Sports Complex Authority, in a fiscally responsible manner which will allow it to maintain its stature as a premier sports facility in the nation. Administer funds received from the State of Missouri, Jackson County and the city of Kansas City, or any other sources which are to be used for the furtherance of its statutory duties. Study location, feasibility and design of sports recreational facilities. Acquire, construct, operate, maintain and lease to other sports stadiums, indoor and outdoor recreational facilities, parking facilities and suitable concessions.
- The Missouri Governor appoints this five-member commission.
- Commissioners must be qualified voters in Missouri and residents of Jackson County.
- County Legislators submitted a panel of three names to the Governor who selects a commissioner with advice and consent of the Senate.
- No more than three commissioners can be from one political party.
- No commissioner can be an elected or appointed official of any political subdivision of Missouri.
|Shawn G. Foster
|July 15, 2025
|Mark J. Bredemeier
|July 15, 2026
|July 15, 2027
|Bradley Madison Scott
|July 15, 2024
|Rev. John Modest Miles
July 15, 2023