Outside Agency Funding
Jackson County outside agency funding is designed to support community-based nonprofit organizations that assist residents in need of support.
REMINDER 2021 OUTSIDE AGENCY APPLICATIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON THE PORTAL AND ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 5:00PM ON OCTOBER 30, 2020.
The application process, including the required documents, is posted on the county’s website at https://www.jacksongov.org/385/Outside-Agency-Funding and the Outside Agency Portal at https://jacomooutsideagency.org/login.php.
Please review the list of required documents prior to starting your application. Applications with missing, incomplete or incorrect required documents will not be accepted for consideration of funding. Please be sure to completely and accurately fill out your application and be sure to attach the correct required documents.
Should you have any questions please contact the Auditor’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submission of your application. Once your application is submitted, you will not be able to make changes. Applications will not be reviewed until the deadline has passed.
Outside Agency Funding Applications available on the Outside Agency Portal.
Preference is given to those nonprofit organizations meeting community health and human service needs of under-served populations by improving the livability of the community.
Primary consideration is given to nonprofit organizations that directly benefit Jackson County residents by addressing health and human services, basic needs and emergency assistance.
Secondary consideration is given to nonprofit organizations that indirectly affect the quality of life for the residents of Jackson County by improving an individual’s or household’s health and capacity to be self-sufficient, which include health care and related transportation, seniors, children, and youth services.
- Must be a nonprofit organization registered with the State of Missouri.
- Must be on the Jackson County tax roles--proof of paid/exempt County taxes will be required. [property search]
- Must be in existence for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Must be located within Jackson County.
- Must serve Jackson County residents.
- Must not be associated with any personal interest of a member of the Jackson County Legislature or County staff that may be deemed a violation of the ethics policy.
- Currently funded agencies must be in compliance with our Finance Department before submitting an application.
- Jackson County cannot be the sole funder for any program nor provide more than 50% of an organization's revenue--organization must show other sources of funding, governmental or otherwise.
- Funding requests are for the period of January 1 through December 31, 2021. The activities or services for which funds are requested must occur in this timeframe.
- Funding cannot be used to promote political or religious purposes.
- Funding is for the purposes of providing a program or service to Jackson County. Said funds are not designated for capital purchases, equipment or hardware of any kind such as vehicles, computers, laptops or televisions.
- Payment will be made on a quarterly reimbursement basis only after proper documentation and proof of payment are received.
All sections of the application must be complete with all required attachments included in order to receive consideration. If an item requested does not apply to your agency, please indicate with an “N/A” and explain why it is not applicable otherwise failure to provide all requested information will automatically disqualify an agency from funding consideration.
Applications are only accepted through the online application system. Hand-delivered or mailed in applications will not be accepted. Late or incomplete applications will be rejected by the online application system. Applications are due no later than 5:00 pm October 30, 2020, for consideration in Jackson County’s 2021 Budget.
This is a competitive application process for funding in the following areas:
- Basic Services: programs focused on the delivery of services and the development of systems that prevent and reduce immediate and long-term harm – access to food, shelter, clothing, and hygiene
- Emergency Assistance Services: programs providing emergency assistance limited to 30 days or less
- Quality of Life Services: programs providing opportunities for a stable life to prevent harm, protect individuals from risk or danger and meet daily living needs
- Support Services: programs aimed at vulnerable and at-risk seniors, youth, young adults and families
A complete Outside Agency Funding Request must be submitted online and consist of the following items:
- Program Application including Proposed Program Budget
- 501c3 Non-Profit Letter of Tax Exemption
- Missouri Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing
- Missouri Secretary of State Annual Registration Report
- A current roster of Board Members on organization stationary
- 2019 IRS Form 990 - Current fiscal year
- 2019 Audited Financial Statement, including Management Letter - Current fiscal year
- Current Board-approved Budget with Projected Revenue and Expenses year to date
- Current Balance Sheet year to date
- Current Certificate of Liability Insurance valued at a minimum of $1 million per occurrence or $2 million annual aggregate
- IRS Form W9 https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
FUNDING PROCESS All instructions must be complied with in order for the funding request to be considered in the upcoming fiscal year budget. Once the annual budget is approved by the Jackson County Legislature, which has until December 31st, notice will be provided to all applicants on your dashboard page. Please login regularly for communications and notifications regarding the status of your application.
Should you have any questions about the process or information required, please contact the Auditor’s Office, email@example.com or 816-881-3310, prior to submission of your Outside Agency Funding Request.