Search Box Spacer


Report A CrimeReport Child AbuseTIPS Hotline

Report A Crime


Call 911 if a crime is in progress or if there is a life-threatening situation.

Police Department

If police assistance is needed, but it’s not urgent then contact your area’s police patrol.

Kansas City Police
Find The Closest Police Station
Lake Tapawingo Police
(816) 224-6645
Blue Springs Police
(816) 228-0164
Lee's Summit Police
(816) 969-1700
Grain Valley Police
(816) 847-6250
Oak Grove Police
(816) 524-4300
Grandview Police
(816) 316-4985
Pleasant Hill Police
(816) 540-9109
Greenwood Police
(816) 537-5020
Raytown Police
(816) 737-6022
Independence Police
(816) 325-7300
Sugar Creek Police
(816) 252-5560 or (816) 252-7058

If you live in unincorporated areas of the county, you can contact the Jackson County Sheriff's Office at (816) 524-4302.

Drug Activity

To report drug activity or if you suspect a property is being used for the sale or distribution of drugs, you may contact DART, Jackson County’s Drug Abatement Response Team, during business hours at (816) 881-3883. Or call the COMBAT hotline at (816) 881-3662.

Report Child Abuse

If you suspect that a child is being abused, sexually or physically, you should call the police. And you can call the Missouri Child Abuse Hotline, 1-800-392-3738. 

CALL THE HOTLINE AT 1-800-392-3738, The Children’s Division staff this hotline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They will take information from you and respond to child abuse and neglect. If you live outside Missouri and want to report abuse or neglect of a Missouri child, call (573) 751-3448.

Under Missouri law, certain professionals are required to report child abuse, including persons working in health care, child-care and education, as well as ministers and law enforcement officials. If a mandated reporter has reasonable cause to suspect abuses, they are required to report it immediately.

TIPS Hotline

You can give vital information to solve crimes to law enforcement by calling the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-8477. Also, go to the website for more information. Callers to TIPS can remain anonymous and be eligible for cash rewards. 



Department of Corrections

County Website



Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us | © 2015 Jackson County, Missouri

Translate this page: