Search Box Spacer


Missouri State Individual Delinquent Income Tax Information

I received a letter from Jackson County stating I owe delinquent Missouri State Income taxes, what should I do?

Please contact the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Delinquent Tax Unit for further assistance if you receive a letter from the Prosecutor’s office OR the Department of Revenue in Jefferson City.

Chris Ham/Tax Administrator: (816) 881-4614 or Cindy Kirkendoll/Tax Administrator: (816) 881-4615.

Where do I send a payment?

Payments can be mailed, brought into the office or placed in the night drop box after hours. Here are the options:

By Mail – Jackson County Prosecutor, 321 W. Lexington Ave., Independence, MO 64050, Made payable to MODOR, Attn: Tax Unit

In Person – Payments can be brought in to the Jackson County Prosecutor’s Office located at the intersection of Spring Street and Lexington Avenue. The Tax Unit is in the old Examiner building which should not be confused with the courthouse, on Kansas Ave.

Drop Box – There is a drop box next to the front door. This box should be used to deposit a payment after regular business hours only.

I lost my 10-day letter/Payment Agreement letter from Jackson County Prosecutor about the delinquent taxes, what should I do?

Contact the Tax Unit for further assistance.

Chris Ham: (816) 881-4614 or Cindy Kirkendoll: (816) 881-4615



Department of Corrections

County Website



Privacy Policy | Site Map | Contact Us | © 2015 Jackson County, Missouri

Translate this page: