In 2012, COMBAT issued a Request for Proposal (RFP) to fund substance abuse treatment programs (RFP#83-12). It is important to note that there is no guarantee that agencies funded in 2013 will be continued to receive funding in 2014. The funding process is very competitive.
Agencies desiring to apply for renewal of funding must submit a renewal funding application. This process is shorter from the RFP process. Agencies will be able to submit information regarding any changes to their programs that will be different from the original program submitted with the RFP, any changes in staffing made since the contract was awarded, or other significant changes to the agency and/or program.
COMBAT dollars funded more than 22 different treatment agencies in 2013 providing a total of $2,546,690 of services to the community.
Substance abuse treatment programs shall provide treatment services with the goal of achieving the following general outcomes:
1. Abstinence from alcohol and/or drug use;
2. Improved employment and/or educational status;
3. Elimination of criminal behavior;
4. Improved family relationships and living environment;
5. Creation or enhancement of a social support system that is conducive to recovery; and
6. Retention in treatment for a period of time that maximizes treatment effects.