|In March of 2007, within weeks of taking office, Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders appointed a blue-ribbon COMBAT Review Committee to assess the effectiveness of how funds generated through the Community Backed Anti-drug Tax were being utilized. The six key recommendations of that committee began to be implemented in early 2008.
Creating a clearly defined mission statement for the COMBAT program.
Click on this graphic to download a copy of the complete Report of the COMBAT Review Committee (PDF).
- Developing a streamlined and more accountable organizational structure.
- Forming a new Drug Commission.
- Developing a more streamlined and consistent process for eligibility, compliance, monitoring and evaluation of all programs receiving COMBAT funds. (This recommendation calls specifically for regular evaluation of the entire COMBAT program every three years.)
- Funding innovative and comprehensive programs that address the cutting edge of drug addition and drug-related crime in our communities. (This funding will be facilitated by a staff member dedicated to this work and catalyzed by "jump start" grant fund for innovative programs.
- Increasing COMBAT's focus on public awareness.
Daniel E. Champion, Esq.
Dr. Stacey Daniels-Young
Dr. Denise McDowell