In 2009 Mike Sharp was sworn in and is currently fulfilling his first term as Sheriff of Jackson County Missouri. A combination of 26 years of law enforcement experience with the Kansas City Missouri Police Department as well as management skills obtained from being a business owner has provided Mike with the tools needed to succeed in this position.
Sheriff Sharp graduated from Lee’s Summit High School then continued his education at Central Missouri State University. His efforts earned him a bachelor’s degree in Fire Science and a minor in Criminal Justice. During his time in college Mike also served as a volunteer firefighter for the Lee’s Summit Fire Department.
Mike Sharp proudly represents a fourth generation of law enforcement by following Brit Sharp, Mike’s great-grandfather who was a deputy sheriff in Arkansas, Clinton Sharp, Mike’s grandfather who was a deputy sheriff in Arkansas and Ben Sharp, Mike’s father who was a police officer with the Lee’s Summit Missouri Police Department.
- Mid-America Regional Council’s Emergency Services Member
- Law Enforcement and Emergency Services - Regional Homeland Security Coordinating Committee
- Special Advisors and Emergency Services - Regional Homeland Security Coordinating Committee
- Metropolitan Emergency Managers Committee
- Jackson County Drug Task Force
- Jackson County Youth Court
- Metro Chiefs and Sheriffs Association
- Missouri Sheriff’s Association Sergeant of Arms
- 2009 National Sheriff’s Institute Graduate
- 2010 Regional Patriot Award
- 2010 Presidents Volunteer award
- 2010 FBI National Academy Graduate – 243 Session
- 2011 Inducted into Lees Summit High School Hall of Fame
- 2011 State of Missouri Patriot Award
- 2011 Missouri Sheriff’s Association Board Of Directors
Mike Sharp’s civic memberships include the Ararat Shrine, Albert Pike Blue Lodge #219 in Independence, Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Lee’s Summit Main Street Inc., Summit Democratic Club, Lee’s Summit Rotary Club and the Lee’s Summit Elk’s Lodge #2804.