The Senior Citizen Quad Payment Program gives Jackson County seniors the option to spread payment of their County real estate tax bills over four equal installments -- without interest or penalties applying. The installments are due December 31 of the tax year and then February 28, May 31 and August 31 of the following year.
This program does not apply to the payment of non-real estate taxes.
- You must be 62 or older by December 31 of the tax year.
- You must live at the address which you desire to have covered by the installment option.
- You (not a trust) must own this real estate in fee simple or as a co-tenant, by tenancy in common, joint tenancy or tenancy by entirety.
- All prior year taxes must be paid and not be delinquent.
- The property is assessed solely as a residential property.
- You must apply for the program and meet all requirements to remain in the program. CLICK HERE for the application form. (If you were already enrolled in the previous senior half pay program, you will be automatically enrolled in the new quad plan without the need for a new application.)
Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders announced the new Senior Citizen Quad Program during a news conference April 4, 2008.
Senior Quad Program Frequently Asked Questions