The Marriage License fee is regulated by Missouri State Statues. How is the money distributed?
$17 goes to the
State of Missouri
- $15 for Children's Trust Fund
- $2 for records preservation
$33 stays with
- $18 for County General Fund
- $10 for County Domestic Violence Fund
- $3 for County Homeless Fund
- $2 for Recorders Fee
In addition, the Jackson County Recorder of Deeds also provides:
"Certified Copies" of Marriage Licenses for $10
- A "Certified Copy" is required to change a woman's name for Social Security purposes.
- Of the $10, $7 goes to the State Children's Trust Fund.
- $3 goes to the County General Fund.
"Non-Certified Copies" for $2
- The fee goes to Jackson County's General Fund.