Jackson County Public Works
Pink Hill Park2715 NW Park RoadBlueSprings, Missouri
(One and a half miles north of I-70 off of Highway 7. Enter off of Park Road)
• Motor Oil
• medical waste
• pressurized gas cylinders
• asbestos & tires
• yard waste & garbage
• trash or commercial waste
It is recommended that hazardous waste be brought to the site as follows:
• bring in original container, if possible
• do not mix waste together
• label materials not in original containers
• make sure lids are tightly sealed
• place leaking containers within a larger plastic container and pack kitty litter around the product to absorb leaks
• place products upright in cardboard box and secure for transport
• waste should not be carried in back seat of cars with pets or children
• truck beds and car trunks are the best way to transport waste
• do not smoke while transporting hazardous materials
• keep flammables out of direct sunlight and away from sources of spark and flame
* -- This is a FREE service to residents of Blue Springs, unincorporated Jackson County (including the communities of Levasy, River Bend, Sibley and Unity Village), Grain Valley, Independence, Kansas City, Lee’s Summit, Sugar Creek, Greenwood, Lake Tapawingo and Lone Jack (funding participants in the MARC SWMD HHW Program). Residents of non-participating Jackson County communities should visit recyclespot.org/HHW/hhwfacilities.aspx and check out the Lee’s Summit facility. There is a disposal fee and an appointment is required.
This mobile hazardous waste recycling event is provided by: Jackson County and the cities of Blue Springs and Grain Valley. in cooperation with the MARC Solid Waste Management District’s Regional Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program.
For more information on the MARC Solid Waste Management District HHW Program or permanent collection sites, call (816) 701-8226 or visit marc.org/environment.