|BOARD OF EQUALIZATION
Frequently Asked Questions | Appeals To The BOE
The Jackson County Board of Equalization is an independent Board composed of citizens taxpayers of Jackson County. Its mission is to fully and fairly equalize the value of all real and tangible personal property in the county for purposes of taxation and to provide an appeal forum for taxpayers to correct Inequities in the assessment of value. The Board strives to allow taxpayers an efficient, public, unbiased, courteous and informative manner of addressing grievances surrounding the imposition of taxes by the County.
- The County Executive appoints three members to serve overlapping three-year terms.
- The County Executive appoints one member from the unincorporated area to serve a one-year term or the mayor of the municipality where property in question is located makes one city appointment.
- One member is appointed by the school board of the school district of property in question is located.
- The County Executive designates the Chairperson.
- Board members are residents of the County and hold no other County office.
Robert Dwyer Murphy
Marilyn M. Shapiro
C. Charles Franklin
CLICK HERE for information and links to forms concerning appeals to the Board of Equalization