New Economic Development Site Launched
CLICK HERE for Eastern Jackson County by the Numbers statistical profile
JUNE 16, 2008 – Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders announced the launch of a new Web site for the County's Office of Economic Development today. This site will provide a one-stop source of the most up-to-date information needed to promote growth throughout the entire County. Created through a collaborative effort involving every community in the County – from Oak Grove in the east to Kansas City in the west – www.jacksongov.org/econdev gives business leaders hunting for new locations quick access to a wide range of data.
The new site features a vast array of tools:
- A detailed listing of commercial buildings and sites for sale in Jackson County.
- Comprehensive overviews of parcels in the County, including current assessed value information.
- A Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping program with aerial photos.
- Options allowing the user to create layered maps highlighting zoning, Tax Increment Financing (TIF) districts, traffic counts and more.
- Direct links to city economic development professionals within Jackson County.
Components of the Economic Development Web site are best viewed using Internet Explorer 7 , Mozilla Firefox 2 and Apple Safari 3.1 . The site was built entirely by Jackson County staff, at no additional cost to the citizens of the County, through the teamwork of County’s Office of Economic Development and the Departments of Information Technology, Assessment and Collections.