Jackson County Parks Offering
Special Discounts for Military
Wednesday’s are “Military Appreciation Day”
July 1, 2013 (KANSAS CITY, MO) – In honor of the men and women serving or who have served in the Armed Forces, Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders has announced that Jackson County Parks is offering free admission to its historic sites, beaches, marinas as well as the Fred Arbanas Golf Course to active duty service members as well as veterans.
Every Wednesday through Veteran’s Day will be “Military Appreciation Day” at Jackson County Parks. On these days, current military members and veterans can enjoy the following attractions:
- Missouri Town 1855 - Admission Fee will be waived
- Fort Osage - Admission Fee will be waived
- Beaches - Admission Fee will be waived
- Boat Rides at Lake Jacomo - Fee will be waived. Call ahead to schedule a one-hour tour of Lake Jacomo at Noon, 1 pm, or 2 pm.
- Fred Arbanas Golf Course - Complimentary greens fees will be available between 10:00 am and 2 pm. Cart fees will not be included. Must call ahead to schedule tee-time. Based on availability.
“This is one small way of paying back the soldiers who have put themselves in harm’s way to keep us safe,” said County Executive Sanders. “Hopefully this will give our local service members time to relax with family and friends while enjoying our wonderful county parks system.”
Complimentary admission to these attractions will be granted to anyone presenting a valid Military ID Card, Veteran Identification Card, or other appropriate identification.
“This is the right thing to do,” said Jackson County Legislator Dan Tarwater (4th District). “Our entire parks staff is eager to serve those who have served us so well.”
NEWS RELEASE ARCHIVES