Portions of Jackson County Parks System
Temporarily Closed Due to High Water
May 31, 2013 (KANSAS CITY, MO) – Due to the significant amount of rain over the past two days, the following areas within the Jackson County Parks System have been temporarily closed to the public:
- Boat Ramp and Courtesy Dock at Longview Lake Marina
- Boat Ramp and Courtesy Dock at Mouse Creek in Longview Lake Park
- Beaches at Longview Lake and Blue Springs Lake
- Longview Lake Bike Trail
- A portion of the Little Blue Trace Trail from Bundschu Road south to M-78
- O’Donnell Park (Shelter 9) in Longview Lake Park
- The outer road that serves Shelters 12 through 14 in Longview Lake Park.
These areas will re-open to the public once the water recedes.