Jackson County Reapportionment
Committee to Hold Public Meeting
May 9, 2011 (KANSAS CITY, MO) – The committee appointed to reapportion the Jackson County Legislative districts will hold a public meeting on Tuesday, May 10, 2011. The meeting will take place at 4:00 P.M. in the conference room of the Jackson County Emergency Management Office (201 West Lexington, Independence, Missouri).
A portion of the meeting will be reserved for public comment.
The committee was named last month by County Executive Mike Sanders. Pursuant to the Jackson County Charter, a reapportionment committee must be formed every ten years to redraw county legislative districts after updated United States Census data becomes available.
The committee has until June 13 to deliver a report to County Executive Sanders.
Members of the Reapportionment Committee:
● Sara (Sally) Miller – District 1 (Republican)
● Ed Pendleton – District 2 (Democrat)
● Keith Querry – District 3 (Democrat)
● Tom Wyrsch – District 4 (Democrat)
● Gary Dusenberg – District 5 (Republican)
● David Stackelhouse – District 6 (Republican)
NEWS RELEASE ARCHIVES