County Executive to Host Economic
Development Tour for Elected Officials
April 6, 2011 (KANSAS CITY, MO) – Jackson County Executive Mike Sanders and other county officials will lead local and state elected officials on a tour of economic development initiatives within the county on Friday, April 8.
The tour will begin at 9:00 a.m. and will focus on present and future economic development priorities in eastern Jackson County. Stops will be made in Blue Springs, Independence and Lee’s Summit (Itinerary is attached).
Sanders is expected to be joined on the tour by the Mayors of Blue Springs, Lee’s Summit and Independence as well as State Representatives and Senators from Eastern Jackson County. Economic development officials from these cities will present their initiatives.
The tour will focus on the future of science and technology at the Missouri Innovation Park in Blue Springs, small business development at the Independence Regional Ennovation Center and the development of the clean energy and bio-tech industry in Lee’s Summit. The event is an effort to showcase the benefits of these projects and to find ways for communities to collaborate with one another on future initiatives.
A lunch will follow at the Adams Pointe Marriott in Blue Springs where information regarding all of the highlighted initiatives will be available. Brief remarks will be made by County Executive Sanders.
Itinerary for Economic Development Tour:
● 9:00 a.m. – Bus Departs Adams Pointe Marriot (1500 NE Coronado Drive)
● 9:15 a.m. – Stop at Missouri Innovation Park in Blue Springs (1600 NE Coronado Drive)
● 10:10 a.m. – Stop at Independence Regional Ennovation Center (201 North Forest Ave, Independence, Mo)
● 11:15 a.m. – Tour of bio-tech initiatives in Lee’s Summit including Kokam Industries and the future site of Exergonix
● 12:00 p.m. – Return to Adams Pointe Marriott (Salon G) for lunch
* NOTE: The times listed above are estimates. Events may run a few minutes ahead or a few minutes behind schedule.
NEWS RELEASE ARCHIVES