Municipal Payment Instructions
- Online Ticket Inquiry & Payment
- Make a check or money order payable to: “Manager of Finance.” Please write your citation number on the memo section of your check or money order. Sign the back of your citation and enclose it with your payment.
Note: *Please do not send cash.* The due date is the court date issued in the upper left hand corner of the citation.
- Enclose the total amount for the violation(s) listed on the Jackson County Municipal Court Violations Bureau mail-in fine schedule and send to:
Jackson County Municipal Court
308 W Kansas Avenue
Independence, MO 64050
Note: Partial or late payments will be returned
- All other offenses not listed on the Violations Bureau mail-in fine schedule may require a mandatory appearance in court. Call the court at 816-881-1697 or see the mandatory appearance and not guilty pleas section below.
- Please direct all inquiries for State traffic offenses to the 16th Judicial Circuit Court, Criminal Records Department at 816-881-4500.
Please Note: The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office may issue Uniform Citations for State and/or County Ordinance offenses. Sheriff’s Office citations without a court date and assigned to the Fines Collection Center (“FCC”) or set for court in Division 33/Judge Bushur are State traffic offenses handled by the Criminal Records Department at 816-881-4500 not the Jackson County Municipal Court.
- All speeding charges are moving violations; points are assessed for all moving violations. Please check with the Missouri Department of Revenue at 573-751-4600 for a listing of moving violations and number(s) of points assessed.
- You must appear at the Jackson County Municipal Court on the date/time listed on your citation.
- Court will convene in the Jury Room (Room 157) on the 1st floor of the Eastern Jackson County Courthouse.
- Continuances will not be granted over the telephone.
- Failure to appear in court will result in a warrant for your arrest and/or the suspension of your driving privileges.