All visitors at the Jackson County Detention Center are expected to comply with the following rules:
- Follow the instructions of Correctional Officers.
- Visitation will be prohibited if the inmate has a pre-scheduled program, clinic or professional appointment.
- Individuals under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for visitation privileges.
- All adult visitors must have either a valid driver's license, state-approved identification card, U.S. Passport, U.S. Military Service Card or Green Card. No exceptions! Fake, altered or misrepresented identifications will be confiscated.
- Outer garments (coats, jackets, "hoodies," sweaters, hats, etc.) must be removed prior to visiting. Lockers are available.
- Restrooms are provided on the first floor and in the Bond Lobby in the Annex.
- Visitors appearing or suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed to visit.
- Personal effects (purses, keys, money, etc.) must be removed prior to visitation. Only 1 plastic baby bottle, 1 diaper and 1 small baby blanket are permissible.
- Early departures will end the visitation period. You may not return to the floor if you have to leave to use the restroom.
- Visitation areas are accessible to persons with disabilities. (Staff assistance will be provided where appropriate.)
- Children must be under your direct supervision at all times while in the facility. They are not to run around or climb on seating in any Visitation Reception Area.
- Conversation must be in normal tones. Profanity or obscene words and/or gestures are prohibited.
- Inappropriate behavior or disobeying staff are grounds for denying or terminating the visit.
- Visitors cannot pass anything to the inmate. Violations of this rule may result in the visitor being arrested or barred from visitation.
- Visitors are subject to a police records cheek.
- Visitors must pass through a weapons metal detector and/or be frisk searched in order to visit. Visitors who cannot clear the security check or who are uncooperative will be denied access into the facility.
- The Department of Corrections reserves the right to refuse, cancel or terminate any visit without notice.
- All persons and property are subject to search.
- Visitors must arrive 30 minutes prior to their scheduled visitation time to receive their schedule visit. All visits are limited to 30 minutes.
A Special Visit is defined as:
- Out of Town (traveling an excess of 75 miles)
- Questionable Visits
- Hardship Cases
- Limited to once per month
- Limited to a maximum number of 3 total Special Visits allowed.
- When attaining the maximum number of allowed Special Visits the visitor will only be allowed to visit per the department's visitation schedule.
Clothing & Attire
The Department recommends that visitors wear conservative clothing. A visit will be canceled if clothing is too revealing. The Correctional Officer will make this determination.
Prohibited Clothing & Jewelry
CONTACT AND NON-CONTACT VISITATION
All visitors are required to be appropriately dressed. The following items are inappropriate for wear during visitation: any form of sleepwear (pajama), skirts ending more than two inches above the knee, mini-skirts, backless shirts/dresses, bikini tops, tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, wrap-around shirts, and see through clothing, body suits, hip huggers, short shorts and/or short culottes, or any strapless attire, sagging pants, and sleeveless under shirts as an outer garment, sweat pants, spandex type clothing or athletic jump suits. Provocative attire by any visitor is not authorized. Normal business attire (i.e. suit jackets, vests) is permitted during professional visits.
SHOES MUST BE WORN BY ALL VISITORS